Another seasonal and budget friendly recipe, vegan friendly as well as gluten and dairy free for those with allergies. This will make a pretty large amount but it freezes well.
- 2 tins Tomato chopped
- 150 gm Tit'allating Tandoori Paste
- 700 ml Water
- 500 gm Split red lentils (dried) -or any other dahl lentils will be fine
- 2 kg Pumpkin diced, peeled and large chopped
- 1 TBL Whatevz seasoning ground
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Brown onions peeled and small diced
- Mix all the ingredients together in the slow cooker bowl and cook on low for 10 hours, or high for around six hours.
- Stir once or twice throughout the cooking process and add another 100ml of water if it starts looking too dry.
Beautiful served with rice, avocado and spinach with a drizzle of plain yoghurt or coconut cream. Some torn coriander leaves and a squeeze of fresh lemon would be perfection!
This should make 6-8 large portions, or 10 side servings and It freezes really well so you will have a few easy dinners up your sleeve!