Because we all know the best way to devour your Mexican pulled pork is slathered between fresh buns!
- 1 cup Milk lukewarm
- 3/4 cups Water lukewarm
- 1 TBL Yeast (instant active)
- 2 TBL brown sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 4 1/4 cups Flour (plain/strong/high grade)
- 1 tsp Man Grind or Whatevz salt ground
- 50 gm Butter melted
- Extra flour for kneading and dusting
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and milk. Stir in the brown sugar and beaten egg, then set aside for 10 minutes for the yeast to activate and become foamy.
- Mix in the flour, ground salt blend and melted butter. When its come together to form a rough dough, turn out onto a floured bench surface.
- Begin to knead your dough, and continue dusting the surface of your bench with flour as needed. Knead for around 10 minutes until the dough is silky smooth and bounces back when poked.
- Pop into a clean bowl, cover with glad wrap and set aside to rise for 40 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 24 equal pieces and roll out into balls. (bigger or small depending on preference is fine). Place onto 2 greased oven trays leaving an Ince in-between each ball.
- Cover and set aside again to rise for 25 minutes. Pre heat oven to 190 degrees.
- Cook buns at 190 degrees for around 15 minutes, depending on bun size and oven power. Golden brown on the outside, and light and fluffy on the inside.
- Rest for 5 minutes before filling with Mexican pulled pork (or whatever else you desire)
These buns are a little bit special. Baking bread can be time consuming and tricky until you get the hang of it, but once you do and you pull a beautiful tray of fresh buns or a hot loaf out of the oven, the satisfaction is immense. Sure to please on any occasion, give these simple slider rolls a go and you will be hooked for sure!