This is the goods, So many uses for this sauce! Try it as a party dip with corn chips, instead of cheese on your nachos, stuffed into your burrito or drizzled over tacos. A tex Mex staple – rich, smooth, smoky and decadent.
Always serve warm and take note of the recipe notes as its important to heat slowly.
Queso (chilli cheese dip)
- 1/2 cup Milk (full fat)
- 1/2 cups Cream
- 1 cup Tasty cheese Grated
- 1/2 cup Smokey Joe cheese Grated
- 1 Green Chilli very fine diced
- 1 TBL Chipotle Pepper very fine diced
- 2 TBL Mexican paste
- Heat the milk and cream together with the Mexican paste in a saucepan on a very low heat, until the milk has been infused with the spices but not boiling.
- Add the two types of chill (this is to be done to taste, if you prefer a mild dip then skip this part)
- Add both types of grated cheese and stir through, continue stirring for a few minutes until the cheese is all completely melted and sauce very smooth and thick.
- If your sauce begins to seperate, it has possibly been overheated. To bring it back to life, just mix 1 tsp of cornflour with a little water and stir through (still on the low heat) until consistency is correct. Add a little more cheese as well if necessary.
- Serve warm, as a dip with corn chips or Patatas bravas, or absolutely anything because it is delicious!
Remember to take your time and keep the heat low for this dip, to prevent it splitting.
If you want to try and mix it up with different types of chilli, there are endless possibilities although the chipotle gives the flavour an unbeatable rich flavour depth.