A crispy crunchy alternative to breadcrumbs, with a hint of smoke and spice from the man rub. Perfect with Man Rub Mayo!
Polenta Crumbed Chicken (gluten free)
- 2 Chicken Breasts Skin off, bone out
- 2 Cups Fine ground instant polenta
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Rice flour Or any flour (GF suitable if that is your preference)
- 2 Tsp Man Rub
- Oil For frying
- Man Grind (season to taste)
- Slice chicken breasts in half through the middle, the cut into chunky fingers. Each breast (depending on size) will do about 7 'sticks'.
- Place in a bowl and coat well with all the man rub.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, and set up bowls with 1. Flour, 2. Egg and milk mix 3. Polenta
- Coat liberally in the flour, then e.g., then polenta.
- Heat 3 TBL oil in a large pan and fry each side of the chicken until golden.
- Finish in the oven for around 8 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Serve however desired. We suggest a fresh salad, kumara fries and tonnes of Man rub mayo!
Try polenta Chicken in Burgers or lecture wraps as well, many uses for these delicious sticks!
Make extra for easy lunch time salads or sandwiches.