- 500 gm Beef Mince
- 500 gm Pork sausage meat
- 5 TBL Mo'rocckin paste
- 1 Onion fine diced
- 1 tsp Whatevz mum seasoning ground
- 1 tsp Parsley chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 600 ml Jar of tomato pasata / pasta sauce
- 300 ml Water
- 1 large Leek
- 50 gm Feta
- In a large bowl, mix the mince, sausage meat, finely diced onion, the mo'rocckin paste, whatevz seasoning, garlic, ginger and parsley and mix well with your hands. (optional) you could add 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and an egg- I haven't because I'm keeping this recipe gluten free.
- Roll out the mixture into tablespoon sized balls. Keep your hands a little wet and the meat should roll cleanly.
- Trim the dark green top off your leek, slice lengthways into four and wash really well (leeks are dirty buggers) Then slice across the width into a fine dice. Cook off in a pan pan with a knob of butter until starting to soften. (Skip this step if you are using the long and slow all day cooking option)
- Mix the tomato sauce, water and leeks together and season with more whatevz mum.
- Layer into the slow cooker some tomato mix then the meatballs and repeat until all used up.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, stirring a couple of times during the cooking to make sure the balls all get saucey. Alternatively leave on low for 8 hours.
Serve with crumbled feta on top and a big side salad, kumara mash or cauliflower rice.