This recipe is an idea to inspire- get creative with whatever ingredients you have on hand to use as pizza toppings. Great for early sunday dinners or if using brought bases, a quick week night meal. Who doesn’t love pizza?!
- 2 1/2 cups strong flour
- 1 cup luke warm water
- 1 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 TBL Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Whatevz mum seasoning ground
- 250 gm grated cheese I like to use mozzarella but any cheese on hand is fine
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce or tomato puree
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- 50 gm Cream Cheese firm
- 2 TBL Mo'rocckin paste
- 10 each Sundried tomatoes sliced (or fresh tomato slices)
- 2 small Chicken breasts (or 3 boneless skinless thighs)
- 1/2 cup Small roasted pumpkin cubes
- 1/2 cup Sliced and seared mushrooms
To make the pizza dough
- Mix the yeast with the lukewarm water and brown sugar, set aside to activate for around 10 minutes.
- Stir through the flour, whatevz seasoning (ground) and olive oil.
- Turn out onto a clean bench dusted with a little more flour Begin to knead the dough until it comes together. Keep kneading until the touch is soft, smooth and has a slight elastic quality to it. Add a little more flour if needed during the kneading
- Set aside to rise for 30 minutes, then divide in half, and roll out thinly. Should make 3 x 25cm size rounds (approx). Place dough on a round oven tray.
- Mix half the mo'rocckin paste with the 1/2 cup pizza sauce and spread the across the bases. Sprinkle the bases with half of the cheese and bake for 12 minutes at 200 degrees.
(Note) Alternatively buy some delicious bases from your local bakery or supermarket. I actually quite like the bakers delight ones - if its been a long day/ night these really make it a great 5 minute meal. Some sunday afternoons when my husband is hanging with the baby I do enjoy getting my hands dirty and spending a bit of time in the kitchen, so i have included the dough recipe for anyone else who feels the same.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half through the middle and marinate with the other half of the mo'rocckin paste (do this while you wait for your dough) Then cook in a hot pan or grill until cooked through, or simply bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the base is Half Cooked (if using brought base, no need to par cook the sauce/cheese, just build from scratch and cook once) I build the other toppings.
- Spread the baby spinach out across the two bases, then roughly slice up the cooked chicken and add that. Add the sun dried tomatoes and using your fingers and a teaspoon, divide the cream cheese into little chunks and dot over the pizza. Sprinkle the top of the pizza with the remaining grated cheese, and season the whole thing well with ground whatevz mum seasoning.
- Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for another 10-12 minutes.
Just use these toppings as a guide as the possibilities are endless. A yummy vegetarian option is roast pumpkin coated and cooked in the mo'rocckin paste with spinach, mushrooms and feta.
A Tandoori Marinated chicken breast also works really well, finish with mint leaves and plain yoghurt instead of cream cheese.