One the baby daddies will love!
- 5 Chicken Thighs bone in, Skin on
- 2 Onions diced
- 3 TBL Mo'rocckin paste
- 2 large Kumara peeled
- 250gm Spinach
- 4 sheets Pre-rolled Puff Pastry
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 2 tsp Whatevz seasoning ground
- 1 tsp Salt
- Dice your kumara (about 1.5cm pieces) and throw in a deep oven dish, with the diced onions and chicken thighs. Rub the Moroccan paste, seasoning and salt all over these guys, add 1/2 cup water, cover with tinfoil and bake for 35-40 minutes at 175 degrees until the chicken is just cooked.
- Rub a baking dish (about a 20cm size rectangle) with olive oil, and line the bottom and sides with the puff pastry, saving enough to cover the top as well.
- Pull the chicken out of the oven and remove the bones. Shred the meat into a bowl and add the cooked kumara, onion and cooking liquid. Stir through the cream.
- Remove the stalks from the spinach, wash and roughly chop, add to the chicken mix and season with salt.
- Pour the filling into your pie base and cover the top with remaining pastry. Use a fork to seal the edges, trim any excess pastry and brush with a beaten egg. Sprinkle with whatevz mum seasoning, and decorate with pastry hearts or whatever you fancy.
- Bake for about 45 minutes at 190 degrees until deep golden.
A bit hearty chicken pie. Serve with a big fresh salad, or chips if thats what the baby daddies require!