So easy, so delicious and so versatile, this ones a crowd pleaser! Perfect for use in tacos, sliders, or burritos. This pork is beautiful served with warm tortillas, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and sour cream. Other serving ideas are pulled pork sliders, nachos, tacos.
- 2 KG Piece of Pork Shoulder or Leg Bone in or out, either is fine
- 3 TBL Mexellent Milkshakes Paste
- 2 Onions Peeled and chopped
- 2 Carrots peeled and chopped
- Water or Stock enough to cover meat
- 2 TBL Whatevz mum seasoning
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 chopped Chilli Optional
- Rub the spice paste and bbq sauce over the pork, and place into the slow cooker with the carrots and onions.
- Cover with water or stock, and turn on high for 4-5 hours or low for the day if you are popping it on in the morning, it should be lovely and tender by dinner time.
- Strain the liquid off the meat, and using two forks, shred into nice mouthfuls.
- Place the liquid in a saucepan on a high heat, and reduce down until thick and saucy.
- Toss the meat back through this jus once its time to dish up.
If you don't have a slow cooker, you can follow this same recipe using a casserole dish in the oven. Cook about 4 hours at 150 degrees.
Some slow cookers have stronger elements than others - if your meat looks like its boiling, turn it down to low. Ideally it sits at a slow simmer.