- 3 whole Chicken breasts
- 3 TBL Mexellent Milkshakes Paste
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 cups Fine cut oats
- 1/2 cup Flour - plain
- 2 tsp Whatevz seasoning ground
- 1/2 cup Milk
To serve with tacos
- 12 soft (or hard) Tacos
- 1 whole Iceberg lettuce finely sliced
- 2 cups Tasty cheese grated
- 1 punnet Sour cream
- 2 Ripe avocados sliced
- 2 Carrots peeled and grated
- 250 ml oil (canola or soya bean) for shallow frying
- 3 Tomatos sliced
- Salsa or hot sauce
- Slice the chicken breasts into bite sized chunks, and rub most of the Mexican paste all over. Leave to marinate for a while if you have some time spare.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, and prepare the flour, egg and oats as you would for crumbing (laid out individually in a shallow dish or bowl). Season the flour and egg mix with whatevz seasoning.
- Lightly crumb the marinated chicken (flour - egg wash - oat crumb)
- Heat oil in a large deep saucepan on a medium heat to shallow fry the chicken (you want it about two cm deep) Once a piece of chicken sizzles (not smoking) when dropped in, the oil is a good temperature. Cook the chicken (in 3-4 batches) both sides until starting to turn golden. Finish in the oven for about 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Serve with the warmed tortillas and all the salad sides.