- 1 to 1.5 KG Piece of Beef (bolar) whole
- 3 TBL Man Rub
- 1 Brown Onion sliced
- 3 Rashers Streaky Bacon sliced
- 1 Sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 TBL Flour
- 200 GM Button Mushrooms halved
- 1 Cup Red wine
- 2.5 Cups Water
- 1 TBL Man Grind (whole/unground)
- Coat the beef well in the man rub seasoning, and pop into a crock pot.
- Toss the onions and mushrooms with the flour and add to the crockpot.
- Add all other ingredients and stir well.
- Leave on low overnight for around 12 hours, or if putting on in the morning, give a few hours on high (3) and the leave for another 6-7 hours on low.
- When the beef is tender, remove from the sauce and shred or pull using a fork, then add it back into the sauce.
- Beef is now ready to serve. If cooked overnight for following evenings dinner, place into fridge and then reheat quantity needed in a saucepan that evening.
We suggest trying this heart warming, rich beef dish with creamy polenta or mash potatoes.
For a gluten free option simply replace the flour with rice/corn or tapioca flour.