Im calling this your go-to salad, because its super easy, delicious, visually impressive, low in cost and filling all at the same time. Ive served this multiple times to friends who can’t believe half of the ingredients come pre-prepared!
Go-To Mexican Chicken salad bowl
- 2 whole Chicken breasts boneless/skinless
- 1/3 cup Mexellent Milkshakes Paste
- 1 bag Any supermarket slaw
- 1 bag Baby spinach
- 1 whole Mango (substitute a tin if easier)
- 2 whole Avocados
- 1 Tin Kidney beans Drained and well rinsed
- 1 Tin Corn Kernels Drained and well rinsed
- 100 gm Sour cream
- Juice of one whole lemon or lime
- 1 tsp Whatevz mum ground
- 1 Carrot grated
- Slice the chicken breasts through the middle width ways (to form 4x large thin pieces of chicken. Mix the Mexican paste with 2 TBL of any oil and marinate the chicken either overnight or for 30 mins if thats all the time you have.
- Grill or panfry the chicken breasts until just cooked and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the undressed supermarket slaw, the baby spinach, the drained and rinsed kidney beans and corn and the grated carrot.
- To prepare the mangoes, slice off the thick cheeks and remove skin with a sharp knife then slice the flesh thinly. Alternatively if the mango is nice and firm, peel with a veggie peeler while still whole then remove the cheeks and slice. (if using tinned, just drain and slice)
- Sliced the cooled chicken breast and toss throughout the salad.
- Mix the sour cream with the lemon juice, the whatevz seasoning, and add of the pouch of dressing that came with the slaw. Mix well then lightly toss through the salad.
- Serve layered with the fresh avocado and mango slices.
- Serve with a side of brown rice if desired and some torn coriander leaves give a beautiful freshness, although not everyone loves my good friend coriander! I also pop a ramekin of chilies on the side for anyone who wants to spice it up a little.