This ones a winner when all the food thats left in the house is a pile of tins and a packet of mince. You will be amazed what we can create with odds and ends when you add a few spoonfuls of Pepper & Me!
- 600 gm Beef Mince
- 1 tin or jar Tomato puree/passata
- 1 tin Corn kernels Drained and rinsed
- 1 tin Kidney beans Drained and rinsed
- 1 whole Brown Onion Peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Mexellent Milkshakes Paste (plus 2 TBL extra for the sauce)
- 8 Tortilla
- 250 gm grated cheese
- Serve with
- 1 whole Iceberg lettuce finely sliced
- 200 gm Sour cream
- Sliced avocado
- Grated carrot
- Sliced tomatos
- Into a hot pan, add the diced onion and cook until soft. Add the Mexican paste and beef mince with 1/2 cup water, simmer until the mince is nearly cooked through and the mixture has started to thicken.
- Add the tinned corn and kidney beans, simmer for a further 5 minutes and season well with whatevz mum seasoning.
- In a bowl, add the tin/jar of tomato puree with 2 TBl of mexican paste and mix through. Spread 1/2 of this mixture across the bottom of a ceramic baking dish.
- Unwrap the tortillas, take one and place in your hand, then add 2-3 large tablespoons of the mince mixture into the centre of the tortilla and roll into a wrap. Place the wrap into the oven dish, width ways so the tortilla top and bottom fit snugly across the baking dish. Repeat until the dish is full and the mince mixture is all used up. This mixture should make about 8 nice full tortillas.
- Spread the rest of the Mexican tomato sauce over the tortillas, and top with the grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
These are delicious served with the lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado or guacamole, grated carrot and sour cream. Alternatively any salad you have on hand will do just fine.