Another personal favorite, these filos are crispy and flakey on the outside and rich and creamy in the middle.
- 1 packet Filo Pastry
- 100gm melted Butter
- 1 large Smoked Chicken Breast
- 5 Sundried Tomatos sliced
- 6 Button Mushrooms sliced & sauteed
- 2 TBL Cream Cheese
- 1 TBL Mo'rocckin my milk
- large handful Baby Spinach Leaves
- 50 grams Feta
- Chop the smoked chicken into a medium size dice and mix through the cream cheese and mo'rocckin paste in a good sized bowl.
- Add the sliced sundried tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, baby spinach and feta. Stir through the chicken mixture. Set aside.
- Unwrap the filo and lay out flat. Cover with a damp (not wet) tea towel to stop it drying out while you are building.
- Take one sheet of the pastry and lay out, brush the edges and a few stripes inside with the melted butter. Lay another sheet on top and repeat. Lay down the third sheet and place 1/4 of the chicken mixture an inch in from the edges in a rectangle shape. Brush outside with butter. Fold in the two sides, then roll up into a log shape. Brush more melted butter on top, then grind some 'whatevz mum' seasoning over top. Repeat for the 4 parcels.
- Bake at 200 degrees for around 20 minutes until evenly golden.
Beautiful served with a side salad for dinner or lunch.