A beautiful winter warmer, or take the braised lamb and use it a salad or wraps for a lighter meal. Let the slow cooker work its magic with this super simple and delicious meal.
If theres only two (or one) of you, Try having the lamb with broth one night, a lamb and spring pea risotto the next evening and still have enough meat for a fresh lamb salad lunch.
Frozen (then thawed) lamb shoulder works just fine as a more economical option.
Braised Moroccan Lamb
- 1.5 - 2 Kg Lamb shoulder Whole, Bone In
- 120 Gm Mo'rocckin paste (about 1/3 of a jar)
- 1 Tin Lentils
- 1 Tin Chick Peas
- 1 Onion Peeled and small dice
- 2 Carrots Peeled and small dice
- 1 Tin Chopped tomatos
- 1/2 Tsp Man Grind
- 600 ml Water
- 1 Whole Sprig of rosemary
- Rub Lamb with Mo'rocckin paste, and put into the slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients and give it a stir.
- Pop onto high for one hour, then low for another 8 hours, until lamb is beautiful, tender and falling away from the bones.
- Remove the lamb from the liquid, and shred.
- Serve broth, lentils/chick peas and lamb as desired. Perfect with some flat bread and a little feta sprinkled on top, but the options are endless.
Try using Whatevz salt instead of Man grind if you are a breast feeding mumma - the pulses, spices and magic of Whatevz are a great milk booster.